Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Week of Plateau

Not only have I not really lost weight this week but I was lazy about the blog too.  Fail.  Monday was an uneventful day where I was just really tired.  Its finals week and I was trying to prepare my students for the final, which the last two days would prove didn't help them anyway.  Monday I had to try to undo the damage done by Sunday, and I didn't end up going back down until this morning, Thursday. 

Monday's food:

6:30 - coffee and cream

11 - I think I ate a Lean Cuisine... I don't even remember which is sort of sad.  I know I didn't bother with making a sandwich though. 

3 - Cottage Cheese or some similar snack I'm sure. 

5 - Too many walnuts becuase I was very hungry.  Leftover baked eggs... just one of the dishes.  

7:30 - Leftover scallops with a side of a lot of vegetables.

I had a lot of things I was supposed to do, such as working out and grocery shopping that just didn't end up happening.  I was feeling rather brain dead for some reason.

Tuesday was a new day.  I ate rather healthy most of the day and went grocery shopping straight after school which was much needed.  I was out of some basic necessities.  When I was there, I forgot to bring my stickers to get my stir-fry pot and they had it there.  It also slipped my mind that I needed butter to bake the cupcakes I intended to bake for my advisory students so I had to improvise the baking of them.

I baked the cupcakes while watching Cupcake Wars which was sort of entertaining.  My mom got me a mini cupcake maker for Christmas which makes batches of 7 mini cupcakes about 10 minutes a batch.  I need to figure out smaller amounts to make it more useful because setting up the batches was time-consuming but in the end I did have 42 little cupcakes. 

Becuase I didnt have enough butter, or a good mini cupcake recipe, I completely improvised it. Inlcuding the amounts.  Surprisngly, they turned out rather good, though a little heavy.  The batter was made with a cup of flour, a half a stick of butter, a dash of half and half, a cup of brown sugar, a cup of cocoa, and a cup of crumbled graham crackers (weird but it worked).  The frosting was a half cup of peanut butter, a cup of confectioner's sugar, and a half cup or so of Greek yogurt (in place of butter).  As I said, though they were a bit on the heavy side, the end result was good and my students and co-teachers enjoyed them.  They went quickly.

Oh, but I did do a Jillian Michaels yoga workout that was pretty good and I'm still a bit sore from it so at least I had that going for me.

6:30 a.m. - Coffee and creamer

11 a.m. - Lentil soup

3 p.m. - Greek yogurt with sliced almonds and honey

7 p.m ish - Rotiserrie Chicken and a side of leftover vegetables

9 p.m. - Bits of batter, frosting and eventually a mini peanut butter chocolate cupcake.  (this could explain the plateau...)


Wednesday - It was the longest day of work in a while.  Students had finals but instead of three or four half day finals like most schools, they had an extended advisory (which is like a homeroom with a character development focus), three finals and then four 22 minute study sessions.  I think it was exhausting for everyone. 

I went back to Jewel straight from work to pick up that stir-fry wok with my stickers and to get some butter in case I need it.  While I was there I picked up some chicken breat cutlets as well to make dinner with and ended up having enough stickers leftover that I purchased a last piece of cookware for only $5.49 using 25 stickers.  I still have about 20 left if anyone needs a few...  I was only 5 short of getting that 3rd skillet for free.  Oh, I'm sorry, for a penny.

Came home and cooked a beautiful dinner for myself and Julia and then we sat around discussing life most of the night rather than being productive.  No workout happened so hopefully today after work I will do that.  No excuses when you're trying to lose 25 lbs and have 19 to go.  Julia and I watched this movie, Wild Orchid.  Weirdest damn movie.  I selected it totally randomly because nothing was on tv and it was free.  Really weird and screwed up, not that we paid all that much attention to it.  Anyway, food break down:

6:30 - Coffee and cream but I didn't drink that much of it really

11:00 - Pasta Primavera Lean Cuisine

3 - Greek Yogurt with cherry sauce

4:30 - Honey Crisp Apple

6:30 - Chicken cultets in a cherry glaze with a salad

I dipped the chicken in flour, salt and pepper for some flavor and texture and cooked it over medium heat, 5 minutes on each side in a tbsn of butter and olive oil (this recipe is for four servings). 

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, I brought 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/3 cup dried cherries, and a tbsn of honey dijon mustard to a boil and reduced it by half.  Poured some of it over the chicken.

Salad was the usual - sliced cucumbers, grape tomatoes, ovallini fresh mozarrella, fresh basil, italian seasonings, avocado, red onions in orange olive oil and strawberry balsamic.  I wouldn't mix the orange and strawberry next time... one flavor would be better. 

Later in the night I was still really hungry so I snacked on some pecans and eventually caved and made a Chicken Soup at Hand.  Eating healthy doesn't mean going hungry and this morning I was down a pound anyway. 

This was a really boring post. I hope no one actually read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment