Friday, January 21, 2011

Chicago History and stuff

Today my lessons went very well.  Our research paper is going to be centered around Devil in the White City and they will be selecting Chicago History topics on Innovation and Progress for their papers.  I introduced the Columbian Exposition and some key Chicago facts that they seemed to actually connect to and find interest in.  Overall, the day was not bad and my students were pretty on task. 

At the end of the day, as I was just making copies and planning to get out of the building reletively early, my computer caught a heinus virus and wouldn't do anything.  Anyone who knows me understands the general hysteria which any technology mishap causes in my life so it was not a pleasant next hour.  Our amazing substitite was able to restore the computer and it is working fine again with minimal lost files.  After all of this, I was very ready to get home and watch tv.  I'm always very disappointed on Thursdays when there is no Grey's Anatomy.  There will only be another episode or two which makes me sad and I have no other show like it until Friday Night Lights comes back on in the summer.  Gotta get my drama fix!

Food:

6:45 a.m. - Coffee and creamer

11:00 a.m. - Turkey Sandwich with turkey, avocado, swiss, light mayo, tomato and a sandwich thin

11:15 a.m. - Greek Yogurt with Cherry

3:30 p.m. - Honey Crisp Apple

5:30 p.m. - Fiber Bar

7:30 p.m. - Coconut Crusted Tilapia (no, I did not make this.  I bought it at Jewel).  Vegetables (snow peas, green pepper, onion, mushroom, jalapeno, garlic in thai garlic chili sauce).


Pretty healthy day overall although I'm still not losing weight.  It's rather discouraging so starting Monday I'm going to go no carbs for two weeks to see if I can jumpstart the weight loss so I can work on maintaining rather than losing closer to Vegas.  That is what my mom is doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment