Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Double flat-- and I'm not Talking about my Stomach

Today started off just fine.  Got out of bed at the normal time, grabbed the lunch I prepared the night before, didn't screw up my coffee, got on the road after a brief ice scraping.  All prepared for what was to be one of the easiest days of my work life as we were going to the Art Institute, on the field study that I planned.  Students had an early dismissal and the rest of the day was to be spent planning.

As I pulled out, I noticed a strange sound.  Salt, ice, snow... I figured.  I continued to drive about 5 minutes when I realized that no, something was definitely wrong with my car.  Pull over and sure enough, flat tire.  No problem, I have a spare and 24/7 roadside assistance with my insurance.  They said they'd be there within an hour so I called work, told them I was running late but would still make the field study.  I'm pushing it when roadside comes but the guy was nice and took care of things... until informing me that in fact, I had TWO flat tires.  Two flats, one spare = zero good.  He had to get on his way so of course I mildly start to panic.  Towing?  Two replacement tires?  I'm poor!  And now officially not making it to work.  Call in on what was to be my sweet day to be productive.  Then call roadside... again.  They will cover the tow up to $100.  First good news of the morning.  But they'll be 100 minutes.  So since I didn't make it very far, I walk back home and grab my computer and hang out in Starbucks where at least I can do some work.  The tow guy was very nice, as were the people we took the car to over at Ashland Tire.  They were able to fix both of my tires and only charged me $25.  Apart from the 5 hours lost and the waste of a sick day, it ended up being really awesome staying home and not being sick.  It's so rare to see daylight in my place on a week day.  I came home, cooked a healthy lunch and was impressively productive the rest of the day.

I stared at my computer too long that working out was actually difficult because I was in a daze, but at least I was able to get in a mild amount of cardio.  Now I'm enjoying some great television and am looking forward to the fact that I only have two days until the weekend.  It's a beautiful thing.

Food:

6:50 a.m. - coffee with creamer, which I drank while sitting in my car for an hour and a half, causing me to have to go to the bathroom really bad and have nowhere to go to do so for a very long time

12:30 p.m. - Egg sandwich.  Fried egg, Canadian bacon, slice of American cheese on English Muffin with some Italian seasoning

3:30 p.m. - Tomato Parmesan Bisque soup at hand

Throughout the afternoon - too many pecans

8:00 p.m. - Leftover blue cheese pork with vegetables (snow peas, green pepper, mushroom, garlic, jalepeno, onion with thai garlic chili sauce) and an English muffin with guacamole.

I'll probably have either some greek yogurt or something later.  I think next week I may try to go no carb to jump start more weight loss.  I'm only down 7 lbs in 2.5 weeks and almost all of them came off in the first week.  I can't believe how long I have weighed what I weigh.  It's disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment