Monday, January 10, 2011

Reporting from my Sunday Fatday

I started off with the best of intentions.  After a pathetic and foggy el ride home after a rather intense Saturday night where I ended up staying at a friend's because it was too late to get home, I came in and made baked eggs.  Michelle came over to enjoy a lazy Sunday with me and to recover while catching up and watching cheesy movies on tv - my favorite way to spend a Sunday.  I usually throw some football in there but didn't even do that.

After a a couple of hours of vegetation, I realized that baked eggs weren't going to cut it.  My hangover was killing me and I needed real sustenance.  Pizza ensued.  Followed by my go-to hangover helper, smoothies.  And it gets worse.  Because there was a delivery minimum and the smoothies didn't hit it yet (and yes, I had smoothies delivered.  I am that lazy on Sundays), we had to add something and what better than a Nutella crepe?  We shared it if that makes it any better.

Well needless to say, I'm right back up where I was before the two dehydration lbs and hopefully will stay on track this week.  No cheat days until the weekend.

Breakdown:

10:30 a.m. ish - Starbucks grande latte while I waited for the el at the Sox 35th stop holding a cowboy hat and looking awkward

11:30 a.m. - Baked eggs.  I beat egg whites, saving the yolks, and a dash of cream.  Chopped up red pepper, asparagus, onion, goat cheese and put the mixture into four small baking cups.  I poured the egg mixture over it and then gently added one yolk to each center.  Sprinkled with rosemary, salt and pepper and baked for 15 minutes at 350, letting stand and set for about 10.  They were delicious, don't get me wrong, but not good hangover food.  At least I have two leftover.

3 p.m. - Lou Malnati's thin crust pizza.  From this point on, I picked at the pizza until by the end of the night, I had successfully eaten an entire half of a large pizza though I suppose it constituted lunch and dinner.

6 p.m. - Mango, peach, banana smoothie with half a nutella crepe

Better luck tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment