Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Cupcakes are the happiest food in the world.  You cannot be depressed when you are eating a cupcake.  The frosting is brightly colored and fluffy and it tops the perfect amount of delectable cake.  The variety in cupcake style and flavor is expansive and I suppose this is how I expect this blog to be.  I shall fill your mind with cupcakes.

That being said, the purpose of this blog is actually quite the opposite of cupcakes.  Cupcakes make you fat.  I need to get skinny.  I am leaving for Las Vegas in 107 days.  This sounds like a lot of time to get skinny, but if you know me, I'm very all or nothing when it comes to my health.  Because I don't actually plan to start until Monday, I really will have 105 days.  In these 105 days, I want to not only lose around 20 lbs, but tone up a bit too.  This is not a New Year's Resolution or anything.  It happens to be the first because well, who starts a diet at Christmas time and I chose to enjoy the last week laying around on my couch about as useful a walrus on land to the extent that I'm starting to resemble one. 

The blog is to hold me accountable for writing down what I eat and what I spend - two issues that are becoming problematic.  My plan of action is to make sure I do not eat take out on any week days, bring a healthy lunch to work, and cook myself dinner every night.  Weekends I need to tone down the drinking for a while because drinking leads to eating. 

You will not learn anything interesting by reading this blog.  It's purpose is rather self-satisfying but when I cook things... I'll let ya know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment