Sunday, January 9, 2011

Poor Life Decisions...

Writing for last night now.  Take note that the poor life decisions referenced above have nothing to do with my diet and exercise plan.  Apart from some rather excessive alcohol intake, I was a rock star of healthy living yesterday (as far as weight loss is concerned).  So I woke up pretty late for no reason seeing as I did nothing the day before but it's always nice to sleep in.  I fully cleaned the condo while rocking out to some cheesy tunes and singing at the top of my lungs.  I absolutely love the feeling of a clean place when I even take the time to mop the floors.  The hours of daylight I get to spend here do not go unappreciated and sometimes cleaning can be rather relaxing in a way.

I found a way that I could attend both of the parties I was debating between as I had another friend doing the same and driving.  Transportation is usually my biggest concern when I'm drinking and going places where the el and cabs are not readily available.  Considering party one was Country Thunder themed and my fantastic black cowboy hat and cream boots are at home, I made my way to what is quickly becoming one of my favorite stores - Ragstock.  It's pretty much the king of all things themed.  Found a great shirt and hat for a grand total of $10.  Perfect.

Came home, listened to a friend vent, WORKED OUT (I get really proud of myself) and got ready while watching Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - a very cutesy little indie film of sorts.  The work out was good and also served as another reminder of just how out of shape I really am.

Country Thunder themed party was a great time and I stuck to vodka and Diet Coke throughout the party save for a few shots I had to take against my will (resulting in pretty extreme intoxication).  Behaved rather annoyingly when I found myself pouring butterscotch schnapps into people's beverages as though I was a 16 year old drunk for the first time but hey, shit happens and I told them I didn't want to do shots.  (I have persuasive friends and at 26 still don't just say no it seems).

Party two was a friend's little sister's 21st birthday and it was karaoke themed in a favorite dive on the south side.  I rocked out to some Sweet Child O' Mine and Red High Heels and continued to party excessively resulting in some slightly bad decision making which I do not regret at all.  All things considered, I still party like I'm in college and wouldn't have it any other way.  Getting off the el at 10:30 and walking down Belmont I felt very much in love with my life, even in my hungover state.  Now my best friend since I was 13 is coming over to bum around with me so I will post again later.

Food:

12 ish - Omelet with 1 egg, 2 egg whites, a dash of cream, red pepper, onion, jalepeno, Canadian bacon, goat cheese and asparagus with some Italian seasoning.

7 p.m. - Swedish Meatballs Lean Cuisine - that sounds dirty but it was delicious and definitely not enough substance for a night of alcohol

8:30 p.m. - 2 a.m.  - Vodka and Diet Coke with occasional stops for shots of various sorts and sizes.

Today I was down two more pounds and though I know it doesn't count because clearly I'm dehydrated, I will count it as a small victory.  If I could stay at this weight it would mean I have 17 lbs to go (from the 25 I actually started with).

1 comment:

  1. How nice of you to listen to a friend vent! :) She must be a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete