Thursday, January 6, 2011

Delayed Post from Yesterday - Blogger issues


Work was great today.  The usual frenzy which accompanies my attitude at work was gone and I was quite on top of things.  It’s a good change not feeling like I’m going to get canned or explode any second like I did back in September.  I was able to call all of the parents I needed to, schedule a conference with a parent, leave messages scheduling a field study, had a meeting with one of my many bosses about my success tracking students and maybe even taught someone something in addition to having my copies made for tomorrow and Friday.  Damn!  Sometimes I still feel like a kid playing grown up when I’m doing things like calling a parent to discuss their 18 year-old’s behavior issues. 

There was still a slight crack of daylight present as I left work today.  What to do with the extra time?  Have Jillian Michaels kick my ass! It was a great workout, I hated every minute of it and every muscle in my body hurts but hey, pain is gain.  Or in this case, hopefully loss.  At least I started the workout part of this deal.

As for meals today:

6:30 a.m. – Coffee with creamer – you’ll notice a trend here.

11:00 a.m. – Turkey sandwich with avocado, light mayo, Swiss

4 p.m. – Giant honey crisp apple – this was my last giant apple so I’m not sure what my after school/pre drive home snack will be.  Oh no!

7 p.m. – Alaskan Cod in a citrus salsa with brussell sprouts.  I made this off the top of my head and some of the flavors didn’t work.  I baked the fish in an orange olive oil and topped it with a mixture of bread crumbs, fresh squeezed mandarin orange, mango chunks and rosemary.  Something about the flavors didn’t go. 

I made the brussell sprouts in a horseradish sauce of sorts with a touch of half and half, all spice, and cardamom

Now I’m sleepy and will probably read a bit.  I think I’m too tired to attempt writing.  I’ve been trying to write at least one page of my novel a day but I’m frustrated with a lot of parts of it and am seriously doubting my own writing ability.  Today, there will be no page written.  Some bastard needs to break my heart or something.  I write better when I’m sad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment