Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes" Delight

I feel like I had something I wanted to discuss in this post but I have totally forgotten whatever it was.  I've been really productive today which is unlike me.  Work went rather well but was exhausting (I use that word a lot.  I'm like an old person or something.  It really is just insane how tiring it gets trying to keep a bunch of 18 year olds in line all day... especially when you are trying to get them working lap tops to do research on).  Had to stay pretty late to get the newspaper finished... you know that extra thing that takes up so much of my life but that I don't get paid for.  It wasn't my students' best work either which is disappointing.

So after work I did something that is probably stupid on a few levels but I'm not regretting it at all.  I went tanning. Stupid cause of well, the cancer thing and also the fact that I'm also so judgmental of fake-ish girls and the guys who like them.  Mostly stupid because I am seriously barely making ends meet and tanning is expensive.  OK but aside from all of the reasons it was stupid, I legitimately feel better about myself.  The weight loss has been slow and I'm trying to fade my hair enough to start going back to my natural blonde so being pale on top of these things just really made for feeling more unattractive then I've ever felt in my life.  A little color not only makes me actually look better, but the warmth of the bed for those 8 minutes took away some of the Seasonal Affective Disorder blues.  I'd been stressed and felt really down but I came back feeling like I made progress and then I weighed myself and FINALLY dropped a lb!  Relief!!!  I worked out a bit and took a nice shower.

Feeling clean, skinny and with a nicer skin tone, I set to making a beautiful low-carb dinner.  Didn't sit on my lazy ass to watch tv until about 10 p.m. and am now enjoying some American Idol... which always makes me wonder why I've never tried auditioning.  I mean, singing is my favorite thing in the world and my best de-stressor.  Could have been fun.  I know people who know one of tonight's contestants who makes it through so I guess that's pretty cool.  I'll probably finish up this show and head to sleep.  Two days until the weekend.  Let's hope the more positive mood can keep up a bit.

6:30 a.m. - Coffee and creamer

11:00 a.m. - Salad with spinach, romaine, rotisserie chicken pieces, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, almonds, avocado and goat cheese crumbles and a side of raspberry vinaigrette.

3 p.m. - Cottage cheese

4 p.m. - whole grapefruit, which is evidently the world's most erotic fruit according to my hilarious co-teacher.

7 p.m. - a bit of peanut butter after working out to hold me over while cooking

8 p.m. - Pork in a cranberry dijon sauce (Dried cranberries, dijon, a drop of honey, Worcestire (sp?),  strawberry balasmic, drop of grapefruit juice, rosemary, thyme, sage (but no parsley... haha... get it?), and of course, pork browned in a tsp of butter)

Mashed Cauliflower "potatoes" - Best idea ever when on a low-carb diet or even just eating healthy in general.  Boil a cauliflower head in water until tender.  Throw it in a food processor with some Greek yogurt, a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.  Consistency is similar to mashed potatoes without all the calories.  Awesome side dish and super healthy.

Random side note - this new American Idol has made me really like Jennifer Lopez.  I think she's beautiful, sweet, and charming and am actually enjoying Idol sans Simon a lot more than I was anticipating.

In other news, I still have not put my laundry away.  It's on the futon in my music room, where I have to go every morning to get underwear.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment