Thursday, January 6, 2011

Paneer and Naan... Oops :)

Alright, alright I already had a cheat night.  Bad, I get it.  But see that's what happens when you buy Groupons.  They expire right when you're on a diet and you're torn between wasting the $20 you spent to get $40 off at India House or regressing on the weight loss progress.  I regressed.  I assume.  I won't weigh myself after eating it now.  The good thing is I actually forgot the leftovers so I can't have any more.

Today was an insane day at work.  Two students got into a fight in my classroom (I was in a classroom down the hall) right in front of the principal and mass chaos ensued.  Blood everywhere, desks shoved, papers flying, dropped projectors, screaming.... chaos.  It happened at 9 a.m. and set a tone for the remainder of the day.  While future issues were smaller in scale, the day just felt very tense.  At first I thought I just really wanted to go home and vegetate and instead I left work at exactly 4:10 p.m. (might be a record for me on a non-Friday) and went to India House to use my Groupon with my dear friend Jen.  The brisk walk to the el was sort of refreshing and the food was absolutely amazing.  I definitely overdid it on the naan as I'm all or nothing.  If I'm in a restaurant, I'm going to order what I want and eat until I'm a little more than full if not busting out of myself.  This is why I usually avoid restaurants and take out when I'm trying to eat healthy.  I spent about $4 for this delectable meal though so it was totally worth it and nice to get out on a weeknight.

Besides, yesterday I let Jillian Michaels kick my ass via Comcast OnDemand so that helps, right?  I can hardly move at all today.  I'm so embarrassingly out of shape. I would have liked to workout again today but seriously couldn't move.  Here is the food break down:

6:30 a.m. - Coffee with Creamer - OK 6:30 is a lie.  Really, I pushed snooze until 6:30, took my sweet ass time getting ready and made it out the door by 6:55... a good 20 minutes late but Thursday is my non-meeting day so I feel no serious hurry to get to work before 7:30.

11:45 a.m. - Cottage Cheese.  I sort of forgot to eat lunch today.  We were interviewing a new person and I was grading papers and dealing with putting my classroom back in order.  Food just didn't happen.

3:00 p.m. - Greek Yogurt with a bit of cherry

8:00 p.m. - INDIAN FOOD :)  Naan... sooo much naan... like a lb of naan in delicious mattar tomato sauce followed by Chickin Tikki Masala with jalapeno and Chani Paneer.  It was some of the best Indian I have ever had.  Right there with Amol India (Cincinnati).  Maybe worth undoing about two lost pounds.

This all being said, I was down 6 lbs after work... before India House.  19 to go!  (Obviously it will slow significantly now.)

Sushi with Mom and Zach tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment