Thursday, June 14, 2012

Easiest Recipe Ever! Creamy Italian Chicken over Pasta



How did I live so long before my crock pot?  I got it for Christmas last year and it honestly sat in the box in the back of a cabinet behind the mini cupcake maker and George Forman grill ever since.  Well, my sister told me about a recipe she tried (she is a crock pot queen...) and it sounded delicious and easy so I did and now?  What can I say?  My life is changed.  Since my summer job has flexible hours and I can pretty much show up when it is convenient most of the time, I can leisurely get ready in the morning while preparing lunch or in this case, dinner.  Anyway, I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Crock Pot Italian Chicken and although following the picture lead to a completely different (and much more complicated) recipe, I improvised with ingredients I had laying around.  So easy and so delicious.


In other news, one of the disgusting two horse flies that decided to become my roommates the other day is finally deceased.  I was wondering how long they could buzz around my life without access to any food and keep surviving.  But now I sort of feel bad for the stupid thing as I look at its lifeless body laying where I watched its last struggle and flutter of its wings.  Poor little guy.  What better did he know?  Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that there is still a very live one freaking me out every now and then with the buzzing and zipping around.  I wonder if it saw its counterpart and now fears its fate.

Speaking of lifeless little bodies, we are finally putting our dog down tomorrow.  OK, I'm saying this as a "we".  I have nothing to do with it.  My parents are going and I will not get a chance to say good bye.  (My mom called today while I was at work and due to my crock pot meal brewing at home, I couldn't go to their house after).  It's all well and good.  Holding her one last time would make me sad.  Lucy has been with our family for thirteen years.  My dad said absolutely no dog and while he and I were in NYC, my mom completely disregarded his wishes and picked up the little Boston Terrier.  He stayed in NYC on business and when my family picked me up at the airport, there was little baby Lucy in all of her adorable glory.  She's been on family vacations, was an excellent boating dog, survived being hit by a car, and was always a great little dog.  She didn't take long to win my father over and at this point, I think he's the saddest of all.  She is blind and deaf and missing most of her teeth.  She freaks out when anything comes near her and it's time to stop delaying the inevitable I guess.  I don't like thinking about it though.  Poor little Lucy.  It's going to be weird without her.


Love you

Going to miss you Lucy :( 

Is it weird that I chose to talk about flies before my dying dog?  I'm going to be a terrible parent.


Anyway, here is the recipe for the absolutely delicious Creamy Italian Chicken over pasta:

Creamy Italian Chicken over Pasta

Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I chose extra thin ones)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet of cream cheese
To taste: Italian seasoning, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic powder (I never measure out spices)

Mix up the last three ingredients in the bowl of the crock pot before adding chicken.  Add chicken breasts and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.  When I came home, I mixed it up a bit, pulled apart the chicken (just using two forks) cooked some whole wheat pasta and poured the chicken mixture over.  Excellent and so easy.  Just one dish to clean in the end!  (Well, and the pasta one I suppose).

No comments:

Post a Comment