Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Amazing Ranch Pork Chops

Last night I stepped out of my karaoke comfort zone and auditioned for a singing competition.  While I have been in karaoke contests in the past, and have won a couple, most recently taking home the $500 grand prize in one, this is not just a regular drunken bar contest.  It was a real audition.  A cappella.  On a stage with spotlights.  And four judges.  You had to register and it was honestly probably the most nervous I've ever been about something related which resulted in a sub par performance.  I messed up my lyrics and got cut off for 60 seconds (the max) before I hit the high note.  I'd honestly be more surprised if I do go through than not, but it was an interesting experience to audition.  Afterward was normal karaoke and I have to say, that part was fun. Being out so late resulted in some slow motion today but I was able to come home and cook up a delicious meal, compliments of Pinterest.

I will say that while these were so tasty, they were a bit too salty.  I would consider using low sodium Italian seasoning or less garlic powder.  Also, the recipe recommended to use a rack over a baking dish and because I didn't have one, I put the oven grate over it and the heat from the grate actually caused the baking dish to crack up upon cooling... I'm no scientist so I'm not sure what caused it but I am short one baking dish at this time.   Don't use that method.

Recipe from Pork Chops






Amazing Ranch Pork Chops:


1. Ranch Dressing In A Bottle.
2. 3 Cups Fine Dry Italian Bread Crumbs.
3. 1 Small Package Dry Italian Dressing Mix.
4. 2 Tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.
5. 1 Tablespoon Dry Powdered Garlic.
6. 6 Large Loin Pork Chops.
You will want to mix ingredients 2 - 5 in a large bowl and mix together very well. Now pour a layer of ranch dressing out into a plate. Take one pork chop at a time and coat it on the plate with ranch dressing and then put the pork chop with the ranch dressing on it into the large bowl with the bread crumbs and coat it well on all sides. Add more ranch dressing to the plate if you need to.
Spray a rack with cooking spray and place over a pan.  Put pork chops on it and bake for 45 minutes or until the thick part of your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment