Sunday, September 9, 2012

Panko Crusted Tomatoes and a Weight Loss Plan

With the beginning of the school year, standing up in a wedding, and let's be honest, total laziness, I have not been posting.  But I'm back at it and busier than ever.

So the wedding I'm standing up in is a week from yesterday and the last time I tried the dress on (some time in August), well, I couldn't exactly zip it.  Obviously this was a huge problem.  So starting last week I went on a starvation crash diet and luckily, I was able to zip the dress, albeit not comfortably, yesterday.  So the starvation crash diet continues because I would prefer to not look like a Heifer in one of my best friends' weddings.  The nice thing is, I've not been the slightest bit hungry.  I've been eating plenty of healthy, low carb foods when I'm hungry and don't feel like I'm suffering at all.

Hopefully I will keep it up longer than just this week and actually look somewhat like the person I used to be :)

One thing I am on a huge kick with is tomatoes.  I know that too many tomatoes is acidic and all that, but whatever.  Everything is bad for you in some way.  I'm rambling.

Here are the best tomatoes ever:

Panko Crusted Tomato Slices 
Panko Crusted Tomato Slices

Ingredients:
1 tomato, thickly sliced (or however many tomatoes you want)
1/4 cup panko
3 tbs olive oil
Basil to taste (I had some fresh basil on hand, but dried would work, too.  Or Oregano)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.  Marinate the tomato slices in olive oil on each side for about ten minutes.  Coat with panko on both sides.  Top with basil, salt, and pepper.   Set on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.  Switch to the broiler on low and broil for 5 minutes longer.


Greek Yogurt Teriyaki Steak Sauce

This was a thrown together thing I did for my kabobs and it actually worked and was healthy.  Easy and good.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp Worcester sauce
Dash nutmeg (yeah, weird, but it needed sweetness)
Dash all spice

It's weird, but it worked.  Mix is all up.  Dip kabob pieces in it!

The end.



And for your viewing and listening pleasure, here is a video of me singing and playing my acoustic rendition of "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment