Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cake Decorating Classes

Well my summer has been quite the blur of fun times, which means less cooking, more eating out, less healthy.  This past weekend my mom and I went to Wisconsin for Festa Italiana followed by Country Thunder.  Italian opera one day, country crazy the next.  It was a great time filled with a lot of dancing, singing, and especially eating and now I'm having trouble getting back to reality.  Hmm... sounds exactly like my post 4th of July post.  I've had a busy July, what can I say?

Cece and I have been taking Cake Decorating classes at Michael's on Tuesday nights and it's been so much fun.  It's interesting what little techniques you don't even think of when you're decorating cakes and cupcakes on your own.  Plus it's obviously nice to have a weekly set date with a friend because everything is so busy in the summer.  We usually go to dinner afterward, last week to our favorite Indian place, Tandoor, which is located on Halsted.  Some of the best wait staff I've seen!  This week we tried Indie Burger on Belmont and I had a chickpea burger, which was good but nothing to write home about.


Here are some pictures of various designs and techniques I've learned so far in cake decorating (a class that only cost $22.50 because there was a tuition discount.  Then every week you have to buy a few things, but nothing crazy.  It's definitely a lot of fun).
Fish!  I like the seaweed and the scallops along the bottom. 
All sorts of flowers and grass and such

No comments:

Post a Comment