Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brunch and a New Song

Yesterday I made my typical weekend morning breakfast and upon looking at it, I thought, this really deserves to be shared with the world.  So you're welcome.

Before hitting up a summer pool party, I also posted a video of myself singing one of the songs I'll be putting on my great aunt's birthday CD.  Her favorite song is "I Will Always Love You" and she's been bugging me to sing it for a while.  I kept trying to tell her that this song isn't something people can just learn to do.  No one sings like Whitney did.  In any case, I'm so sorry neighbors, that you had to hear the 10 million takes I did to try and get a passable version.  Don't worry, that's not what I shared.  I made her a whole CD and this one was (hopefully) more acceptable.  Or maybe it's horrific.  I don't know.  I can't judge myself.




Anyway, as promised, here is Ranch Scrambled Egg Skillet


The pic looks a big messy, but this is delicious

Ingredients (one very large skillet.  I had leftovers for today :) ):

1 tbs olive oil
2 yukon gold potatoes, diced (I use the ones that are pretty little.  You could probably just use one biggie)
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped 
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped 
1/3 cup diced ham (bacon would be good too... you could cook the skillet in the bacon grease instead         of oil.. I've done it and it's delicious.) 
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup Mexican cheese 
2 eggs 
2 tbs Ranch dressing of your choice

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add the diced potatoes and toss to coat.  Let cook for about 5 minutes or until edges start  to get brown.  Add both peppers and onion.  Cook another 3 or so minutes or until crisp-tender.  Around this point, I usually add some salt and pepper.  

While this is cooking, whisk the eggs vigorously with the Ranch dressing.  I like my eggs fluffy so I do some serious whisking.  Add to a heated, small skillet, scraping from the sides and pushing to the middle as the bottom cooks.  

Add tomatoes to the skillet and cook another 30 seconds, mixing everything together well.  Pour the skillet contents onto a plate and top with Mexican cheese.  Once eggs are cooked, place them on top of the skillet and enjoy.  I like a bit of Tabasco on mine. 


The Ranch adds a lot of flavor to the eggs and brings it throughout the entire skillet.  I'm not gonna lie, I came across this on accident once upon the realization I had no milk or cream to beat with the eggs and it is delicious!  Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables or meat you choose.  I've added various kinds of hot peppers when I have them around as well.  

Now it's off to more BBQs if the storm passes...  





No comments:

Post a Comment