Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thought I ate Healthy enough but the Weight Still Isnt Dropping

So I made a point to eat healthy this weekend, save for a few beers on Sunday that were not really supposed to be a part of my 16 day challenge.  Either way, I didn't have a food cheat day but this morning I was back up a couple of pounds.  This weight loss thing is depressing when it isn't working.  I used to be able to stay focused for a few weeks and drop weight rapidly.  Now it's been over a month and my best day I was down 10 lbs, the first 5 of which were totally ridiculous excess pounds that dropped pretty quickly.  Actually I suppose I was down 11 lbs on my best day, which was Sunday.  Nowhere near where I want to be and I know that this is normal speed of weight loss... just not what my body used to do.  I guess it's true that we all take our young metabolisms for granted.  I didn't think mine would change because it sort of stopped being great when I was 16 and I've had to be careful since then.  At 26 though, I'm definitely noticing the struggles.

Friday I came home and went to sleep really early.  It took me two and a half hours to get home thanks to the craziness of snow plows and spun out cars and all that.  I was in a horrible mood about a million things so I just crashed.  We had no one in school and it was technically the easiest day of work every but still managed to be frustrating.

Food:

6:45 a.m. - Coffee and creamer
11:00 a.m. - Lean Cuisine
Not sure but I think I had some Greek yogurt or something at some point.  No, it was one of those little fiber bars.
7:00 p.m. some granola and a low-carb tortilla that were supposed to be a snack but ended up being dinner because I fell asleep.

Saturday:

around 10 a.m. - made an omelet with two egg whites, one egg, green pepper, onion, Canadian Bacon, goat cheese, Parmesiano Reggiano, and I think that't it. 

Kept wanting to snack so I had a small amount of granola (not no carb so maybe there is my problem)

I need another jar of peanut butter

Delicious Greek Yogurt no sugar added smoothie from a place I just discovered.  It's called Cassava's and I ate this little jalepeno bread thing too.  Oye, carbs. It was super tiny though.  Like the size of a donut hole. 

Dinner was a Lean Cuisine pizza before going out.  Stuck to vodka sodas all night and did not eat late night except for a couple of bites of turkey and cheese rolled up.

Sunday

10 a.m. - Grande skim latte

11:00 a.m. - Another omelet made the same way

12:30 p.m. - Bloody Mary x 3

5:00 p.m. - Lots of hummus with pita and then chicken over hummus from Zad... a delicious Med restaurant I went to with Swoowsk, her brother and mom.  It was a delightful dinner full of entertaining stories of my favorite siblings' childhood.

Didn't eat again but enjoyed some beers while watching the Super Bowl.  That's about it for that.

Monday was back to work but the day was alright.  I'm running out of groceries but need to make it through the week because I am really running low on cash.

6:45 a.m. - coffee and creamer

11:00 a.m. - lean cuisine

3:00 p.m. - Greek Yogurt with peach

6 p.m. - almonds

7:30 p.m. - Herb crusted fish with vegetables in Parmesiano Reggiano *sp?

10 p.m. - Smoothie made with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries with Greek yogurt, half and half and cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment