Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just another manic Tuesday

 Not really.  Nothing exciting actually happened yesterday.  I ate more than I was supposed to because I had this insatiable craving for an unidentified food which I never really took care of.  I caught up on a little tv, had some brief conversations with friends.  The truth is that the mundane-ness of my life during the week is generally quite less than riveting.  Got through my day at work which is really all I ask for during these bleak months of dismal clouds and bitter cold where our heat is on so high that I need to open a window which just causes confusion in my body because it never evens out.  It feels like my blood is boiling inside half the time.  Students never care about their actual work which is quite disheartening when you put all of this effort into trying to teach them really important things that they are completely behind on.  How much more can one person do?  I'm reaching a startling level of apathy toward everything related.

Food:

6:45 a.m. - coffee and creamer

11:00 a.m. - Some Indian food package thing that was pretty healthy and very good

1 ish - A small piece of brownie that one of my co-workers made.  Too attractive to pass up.

4:30 p.m. - Fiber bar

6 p.m. - a few pieces of cheese

7:30 p.m. - leftover fish and vegetables with some fresh mozarrella in strawberry balsamic on the side

8:30 p.m. - a few spoonfuls of ice cream

Throughout the night - more cheese, some granola at some point.  I don't know exactly but I know I couldn't seem to stop wanting food which would explain why I am only down .6 from yesterday when I was up. 

In other news, I am going on a date Friday.  Dates are things I'm not too keen on.  Don't get me wrong.  I love getting to know guys and when that butterfly excited feeling hits, I'm all in favor.  But that rarely comes from meeting a guy one time, thinking he is sort of alright, and accepting a date with him.  Only once in my life have I truly been interested in a guy I met once and exchanged numbers with and that was probably because he was in no place for a relationship so he was distanced.  I only like guys who do not like me... not because I have some masochistic tendency toward self-afflicted heartbreak, but because I am attracted to people who are really independent and who prefer that I am the same way.  People get overbearing very easily to me.  So what it usually means when a guy is being distant and completely unneedy is that he's not really all that interested.  As soon as a guy is interested, he calls too much, assumes too much, is too unnatural and it pushes me away immediately.  I already forsee this with the current boy.  Too many questions, too much desire to do things like talk on the phone (something I reserve until I actually have some interest in conversing on such a device), too eager to plan too long of dates.  We'll see how it goes but the cynic in me is already feeling the runaway.  I mean, he's too young for one thing.  Our lives are totally different and our outlooks on life are as well.  Not sure why I bother getting myself into such ridiculous situations considering when I like someone, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment